Facts and Figures
.A.S.A. is the largest waste-management company in Central and South-Eastern Europe and generates annual sales of 370 million Euros.
The company collects and treats domestic waste from more than 4,7 million residents and 4,0 million tonnes of commercial and industrial waste from more than 84.000 customers.
A workforce of more than 4.503 is responsible for the smooth running of these operations.
Workforce development (2000-2012)
Plants and equipment
- More than 1.300 trucks and special vehicles
- Over 1,300.000 containers and bins
- 60 collection yards
- 14 transfer stations
- 27 sorting plants
- 12 RDF (alternative fuels treatment) and/or splitting plants
- 1 mechanical biological treatment plant
- 22 composting, solidification and biodegradation plants
- 28 landfills
- 1 waste-to-energy-plant (incinerator) for household an commercial waste
- 1 incineration facility for hazardous waste